National ICT R&D Fund
National ICT Scholarship Program 2011
FOR A PROSPEROUS PAKISTAN
National ICT R&D Fund is offering fully funded scholarships for talented students from rural/non-metropolitan areas of Pakistan with the objective to develop human resource capacity in ICT fields in Pakistan. The National ICT Scholarship Program 2011 (NICTSP 2011) will provide fully funded 4 year undergraduate degree scholarships in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related disciplines in the top ICT universities of Pakistan, and hence enhance capacity in the best ICT related educational institutions.
This program is run with the financial collaboration of Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) of Government of Pakistan.
National ICT R&D Fund’s objective is to develop human resource capacity in ICT fields by providing equal opportunities to the talented students of rural/non-metropolitan areas of Pakistan.
Please note the following regarding National ICT Scholarship Program (NICTSP) for this year:
- Due to shortage of time a modified scholarship program for the year 2011 will be conducted.
- Interested students who are from schools/colleges listed on this webpage should prepare for the entrance exam of participating universities of their choice on their own.
- This year there will be no “Training of Teachers” or “Foundation Training” of students.
- Also, no Teacher’s kits or Student’s kits will be prepared or provided to teachers and students respectively.
- It is the responsibility of the interested students to stay informed about NICTSP participating university selection criteria, entrance exam dates and take the entrance exams for selected universities on their own to be potentially eligible for the scholarship.
More updates will be provided on this webpage as they become available. It is the sole responsibility of the interested students to keep visiting this website for these updates and further information about the scholarship program. National ICT R&D Fund assumes no responsibility in this regard.
National ICT Scholarship Program Helpdesk:
Submit Your Proposal Online
For queries, please call:
(+92 51) 921 5360
(+92 51) 921 5361
(+92 51) 921 5362
(+92 51) 921 5363
(+92 51) 921 5364
(+92 51) 921 5365
Student Eligibility Criteria:
1.Passed or appeared in F. Sc. Examination with Mathematics & Physics in 2010 or 2011.
2.Obtained 60% or above marks in your Matriculation (Science Group) exam.
3.Attended F. Sc. classes as a regular student from a School/College registered with National ICT R&D Fund.
4.Meet certain financial criteria – be financially deserving.
Note: Interested students should not wait for the registration form and pursue registration and try to secure admission into “Participating Universities”. A “Student Registration Form/Scholarship Application Form” would be placed on the website soon.
List of Potential Universities:
List of potential universities that are eligible to participate in the National ICT Scholarship Program 2011 is as under:
- National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (NU-FAST)
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila
- University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
- Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Nilore, Islamabad
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- GC University, Lahore
- Hamdard University, Karachi
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
More universities will be added as they join this program.
List of Participating Schools / Colleges:
Gilgit / Baltistan
F A T A
10,000 to be trained under ICT scholarship programme
Islamabad: As many as 10,000 students will be trained under national Information Communication Technology (ICT), scholarship programme, in the current fiscal year 2011-12, who will get scholarships for four years bachelor’s degree programme in various national universities.
Besides this, basic Information Technology(IT) training initiated by Pakistan Computer Bureau for providing adequate basic computer skills will benefit approximately 5,000 government employees during the next year.
According to official data available, the budget earmarked for 2011-12 will further enhance the human resource development, IT industry development, e-government, infrastructure development and will create employment opportunities in the IT sector. During the current year, focus on human resource development related projects will continue for providing IT training to government employees and the public.
Official sources in IT Ministry told APP that emphasis on improving the IT infrastructure will continue so that more international IT companies are attached to undertake business in the country alongside the domestic IT companies.
Furthermore, Centre of Excellence in Advanced Software Technologies and Open Source will be established to increase the use of open source software technologies within the country.
According to official data available, automation of Central Directorate of National Savings (CDNS) project is underway and in the next year it is envisaged to be completed.
The sources pointed out that National response centre for cyber crimes (NR3C), plans to establish new forensic facilities at Peshawar and Quetta and disseminate information to make public aware about cyber crimes and how it can help them. The news